This page is devoted to providing resources at the University of New Mexico. As a student there are countless financail resources, opportunities for relief, or peopel who would love to help you on campus.
Lobo Food Pantry
Free groceries for UNM students! Offered through the LoboRESPECT Advocacy Center, this resource is available once each month and happens at the UNM South Parking Lot. Students just need to bring a valid Lobo ID and bags or boxes to carry your groceries home. Click here to find out more or call (505) 277-2911.
Emergency/Short-Term Student Loan
The Dean of Students Office offers students short-term loans for emergency situations, should they meet the following loan requirements:
- Have a 2.0 or higher GPA
- Must be enrolled for at least 6 credit hours (unless it is during summer or intersession semesters – see below)
- Cannot have more than one short-term student loan out at a time with the University
- Cannot be regular full or part-time UNM faculty or staff members earning benefits (student employees and work-study students are eligible)
- Can only receive up to two short-term loans per semester
- Cannot have a past due bursar balance of more than $200.00
- Can only receive up to $800.00 for an emergency short-term loan
- Will need to repay the loan within 45 days
Loan processing closes at 2:30PM, Monday-Friday. Students signing up for a loan after 2:30PM will have to wait until the next day for the loan to be processed. Visit the Dean of Students Office to apply for a short-term loan.
*During summer and intersession, a student must be either enrolled for class or be enrolled for at least 6 hours for the upcoming fall/spring semester.
Click here to reach the Dean of Students Office for more information.
Perks for Lobos
Click here for an exhaustive list of deals around the city for Lobos. Students, Hospital Employees/Medical Residents, Staff/Faculty, Alumni, and Retirees have access to a variety of deals ranging from art, food, electronics, school supplies, pets, insurance, entertainment, and more.
Financial Aid Office
(505) 277-8900 (ext. 2)
Onestop: Mesa Vista Hall (building #56 on the campus map)
The Bursar’s Office
1700 Lomas Blvd NE, Suite 1100
Student Accounting: Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-5:00PM
Cashier Department: Monday-Friday, 8:30AM-4:30PM
Nusenda Credit Union: UNM Branch Location
UNM Student Union Building